Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Designer of the week

This week we've got a self-described nuts-and-bolts designer: Charlotte Thibault of the Concord (NH) Monitor. She's an illustrator and graphic artist. Here's Charlotte's autobio:
I got my first mac in 1987 and have been stumbling through life ever since, always something new to learn, not always learning it right the first time. Still falling on my face about as many times as I do it right. I live on the river, same one as the graphic, about 3-4 miles upstream, surrounded by a farm where I just bought a half gallon of maple syrup for $22. Can't beat that.
Here's her work:



She also does some Flash work.
Click here to see her page descriptions >>>.
The gooseberries and currants are for a B-1 rail item (the state is allowing us to have some disease-resistant types now.)

Lehtinen, a recreational bridge the snowmobilers bought and constructed on old railroad bridge and gave it to the city. It connects a park to a state forest over the
Contoocook River.

OilPrice: Another rail item, the end of a series with current oil prices that ran throughout the winter.

Mountain path: illustration for a viewpoints Sunday piece about a local pastor who befriended a homeless woman, kind of about the path she's on. Pothole: rail again, soliciting readers for the worst pothole.

PSA: chart on the prostate screening studies.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely the most wonderful artist I have ever met. I love what Charlotte does. I look to her for inspiration, along with some chatter. hehehehe. Be well, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, fun touch with those illustrations.

    ReplyDelete